Your access to and use of the Website is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the current version of the Contracting Documents located at beingwellplus.co.nz. By accessing or using the Website you agree to accept and be bound by the current version of the Contracting Documents. If you do not agree to the current version of the Contracting Documents, you are not authorised to continue accessing or using the Website.
1. To be eligible to access or use our Website you must be employed by an organisation which has a current group health insurance scheme with Southern Cross.
2. The Information (the “Information”) contained on this Website may be updated or deleted from time to time by us and is general information only and, for example, does not take into account your health or personal circumstances; and is not a health service, or provided by or intended to substitute the expertise and judgment of a health practitioner. We always recommend you seek the care of an appropriate health practitioner for any advice, investigations, diagnosis and treatment of any health and medical related issues and concerns you may have.
3. The form and nature of the Website may change from time to time without prior notice to you. In addition, we may stop (permanently or temporarily) at any time, operating the Website or any features within the Website for you or for users generally and may not be able to provide you with prior notice. We also retain the right to create use limits at our sole discretion at any time without prior notice to you.
5. Accounts that are inactive for more than six months may be removed without prior notice.
6. You will be sent a token to use when logging in to the BeingWell Plus Hub. If you change your email address please notify us at [email protected] in order to recover your account.
7. There are limitations on the use of the Website. Any violation of these rules may, at Southern Cross’ sole discretion, lead to a temporary or permanent suspension of all related accounts. If Southern Cross determines that an account has been created to replace a suspended account, such account may be permanently suspended.
– Licence: Southern Cross grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable licence to access and use the Website for your personal use in accordance with these Terms.
– Unlawful or Unauthorised Use: You undertake to access and use the Website and/or any Information provided solely in compliance with the Contracting Documents
– Unauthorised Access: You shall not do any of the following while accessing or using the Website: (i) access, tamper with or use non-public areas of the Website (except for your own account), Southern Cross’ computer systems or the technical delivery systems of our providers; (ii) probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (iii) attempt to access or search the Website or any Data by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces; or (iv) interfere with or disrupt, or attempt to do so, the access of any user, host or network.
8. All copyright, database right, patent, other intellectual property right, title and interest in and to the Website and any Information (excluding any personal information provided by the users of the Website and any logos/branding of their parties) are and will remain the exclusive property of Southern Cross, its licensors and/or its partners (as the case may be). The elements of the Website, including but not limited to the general design and the imagery, and any Information are protected by copyright, trademark, patent and other laws relating to intellectual property rights. Nothing in these Terms gives you a right to use the BeingWell Plus or Southern Cross names or any of Southern Cross’ trademarks, logos, domain names and other distinctive brand features. You are permitted to download, print and/or use any Information from the Website solely for your own personal use and/or internal business purposes relating to workplace wellbeing. Any such Information you download, print and/or use must include an acknowledgment of the source; be used without alteration; and may not be charged for. You are not entitled to use the content of the Website for commercial exploitation in any circumstances. In case you breach the terms of this provision, Southern Cross will have the right to claim damages against you which shall include the right to claim special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages and loss of profits.
9. The Website may contain links to third-party apps/websites or materials supplied by or contained on any third-party app/website which is linked from or to the Website. Southern Cross does not accept any responsibility or liability for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such apps/websites or materials; or (ii) the content, products or services on or available from such apps/websites or materials. Links to such apps/websites or materials do not imply any endorsement by Southern Cross of such apps/websites or materials or the content, products or services available from such apps/websites or materials. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risks arising from your use of any such apps/websites or materials.
10. Southern Cross operates the Website on an "as is" and "as available" basis and it may from time to time contain errors, faults and inaccuracies. Subject to any applicable consumer guarantees provided for in New Zealand consumer protection legislation, we make no representation and provide no express or implied warranty or guarantee about the Website (including without limitation, as to its security, safety (such as safety from any virus, defects, trojans or other harmful or malicious programs) including those which could damage or interfere with any data, software or hardware with which it might be used) or that the access to the Website will be uninterrupted. Southern Cross will not be responsible or liable for any harm to your computer system, loss of data or other harm resulting from your access to or use of the Website or for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any personal information or Information and other communications.
11. The content of the Website is general and provided for information purposes only. While reasonable care is taken in its preparation, Southern Cross does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, quality, completeness, reliability or currency of the Website (including any errors in or omissions from the content of the Website), or of any Southern Cross or third party websites, materials, information, products or services promoted or accessed via the Website, or their usefulness in achieving any purpose. You should make and rely on your own assessment and enquiries to verify the accuracy of the information provided.
12. Southern Cross does not provide telecommunications services and does not warrant that you will have continuous access to the Website or that it will be supplied fault free. Southern Cross will not be liable in the event that the Website is unavailable to you due to computer downtime attributable to malfunctions, upgrades, preventative or remedial maintenance activities or interruption in telecommunications supply. Southern Cross reserves the right to suspend or terminate the availability of the Website at any time without notice.
13. You agree to access and use the Website entirely at your own risk. Any transaction you enter into with any advertiser or other third party appearing on the Website is solely between you and the advertiser or other third party. Southern Cross is not responsible or liable for any part of any such transaction.
14. Southern Cross and its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors shall in no way be responsible for any decisions you may make based on the use of the Website and/or the Information including but not limited to whether or not you choose to seek professional medical care or treatment. You hereby waive any claim you may have or acquire against Southern Cross and/or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors and indemnify and hold Southern Cross and/or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors harmless from any claims, proceedings, costs, special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages and loss of profits relating to your use of the Information.
15. The Website may contain offers and promotions provided by third parties (“Promotions”). By participating in such Promotions, you acknowledge and agree to any additional terms applicable to that Promotion and that such participation may be a potentially hazardous activity and that you are participating at your sole risk and responsibility.
16. Subject to any applicable consumer guarantees provided for in New Zealand consumer protection legislation, Southern Cross and its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors exclude any and all liability under contract, tort, statute or in any other manner, for any illness, injury (including without limitation, death, personal, bodily or mental injury), damage or losses of any kind including without limitation, any liability for direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages (including without limitation loss of profits or income, data, use, business interruption, loss or corruption of personal information or Information, good-will or other intangible losses), sustained by you or any other person, or for any costs, charges or expenses arising from, or in connection with, the Website including without limitation, (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Website or websites or applications linked to from the Website, (ii) the use of any Information or any information on the Website or on websites or applications linked to from the Website being incorrect, incomplete or misleading; (iii) any action or decision by you in relation to the information contained on the Website; (iv) any delay, failure, malfunction or interruption in access to or use of the Website or websites or applications linked to from the Website (v) any unauthorised access, use or alteration of your transmissions of personal information, (vi) or for any other act or omission of Southern Cross (including without limitation, for any breach of any term of the Contracting Documents).
17. The failure of Southern Cross to enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not be deemed to be a waiver of such right or provision.
18. The Contracting Documents are the entire and exclusive agreement between Southern Cross and you regarding the use of the Website and shall supersede and replace any prior agreements between Southern Cross and you regarding the use of the Website. In the event that any provision of these Contracting Documents is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
19. The Website is not directed to any person to whom (by reason of such person's nationality, residence, applicable laws, regulations or otherwise) the publication or availability of the Website is prohibited. Persons to whom such restrictions apply must not access the Website. If you choose to access the Website from outside New Zealand, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
20. Your access to the Website will be terminated when your employment with the organisation you work for ends or (if sooner) when the organisation you work for ceases to maintain a group health insurance scheme with Southern Cross.. We will retain and use information about your use of the Website prior to termination for reporting purposes, in accordance with our Cookies Policy.
21. Southern Cross may terminate, suspend your access and use of the Website at any time (in whole or in part) or make changes to your account for reasons which may include, amongst other things:
– You ceasing to be employed by an organisation which maintains a group health insurance scheme with Southern Cross or your organisation ceasing to maintain a group health insurance scheme with Southern Cross;
– If we detect or suspect any unusual, irregular, suspicious, fraudulent or unauthorised use or activity or threatened or actual breach by you of any of the Contracting Documents.
Where Southern Cross terminates or suspends your access and use of the Website, we will notify you and your employer in writing by email.
22. These Terms and the use of the Website shall in all respects be governed by New Zealand law. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Contracting Documents and/or the use of the Website shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
23. We may revise these Terms from time to time. The most current version will be available on our Website beingwellplus.co.nz. Revised Terms shall become effective from the date of publication on the Website. By continuing to access the Website after those revisions become effective, you agree to and accept to be bound by the revised Terms.
Version: April 2021